The Market will be selling fresh Zuchini this week so we have posted some delicious recipes and new ways of cooking with Zuchini.
- 2 zucchini
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Vegetable cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425°. Cut zucchini into 3-inch sticks. Whisk an egg white in a small bowl, and add milk. Combine Parmesan and seasoned breadcrumbs in a separate bowl. Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place zucchini on sheet. Bake for 25 or 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serves 4 (as a side dish)
You will need:
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices
- 2-3 teaspoons Salad Elegance seasoning blend
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Sprinkle seasoning blend over sliced zucchini. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place prepared zucchini on the grill. Cook 5-8 minutes or until grill marks are darkened and zucchini starts to brown. (Note: To get the perfect grill marks, don’t move the zucchini around too much.)
I am happy to say that I actually grilled these and not Ryan. It was my first attempt at grilling veggies and while I did lose one poor little guy between the grates, I like to think of this as a deliciously successful experiment. But Ryan has no need to worry, I have no plans on taking over permanently, I wasn’t too keen on smelling like BBQ the rest of the night.