So, in order to help you avoid turning these beautiful tasty morsels into mushy flavorless things, here are few tips we found on the internet on how to cook veggies the right way. Information provided via onegreenplant.org...
How to Avoid These Common Mistakes While Cooking Vegetables:
Slow-Cooker Creamed Corn
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds frozen corn
- Combine ingredients in slow cooker.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- At about 3 hours it will completely come together. Allow to cook for the full 4 hours for the best results.
- COOK'S NOTE: Corn will thicken as it sits, you may wish to add a little milk if you would like it to stay in the Crock pot longer.
Prep Time: 05 mins.
Cook time: 4 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 4 hrs. 5 mins
Cantaloupe Strawberry Popsicles
Watermelon Frozen Yogurt Pops
Watermelon Frozen Yogurt Popsicles
Makes 6 popsicles or a small batch of frozen yogurt
-170g/6 oz Plain Chobani Yogurt
-2 cups Seedless Watermelon
*Optional: pinch of salt (it brings out the sweetness) and/or 1 tbsp of sugar (if your watermelon isn't sweet enough)
Puree the yogurt and watermelon in a food processor or blender until smooth.
If making popsicles: Carefully pour into molds, leaving about 0.5cm room from the top.
If making frozen yogurt: Freeze in your ice cream maker, according to the instructions - serve immediately or freeze for 2-3 hours before serving for a firmer frozen yogurt.
And there you have it - so easy I shouldn't even call it a recipe!